Our school prefects are chosen from Sixth class at the start of each month.
Our Prefects set an example at all times. They are role models to the rest of the school. Therefore they must uphold the highest standards at all times – including uniform, adherence to school rules, effort, attendance, punctuality, attitude, respect, manners & motivation to work etc.
It is explained to our pupils at the start of the new school year that being in Sixth Class is not an automatic entitlement to becoming.a prefect. The role is a privilege and a pupil may be picked more than once to be a prefect! Any Sixth Class pupil who does not meet the expected standards may not be chosen for the role of prefect.
- Our Prefects assist teachers with everyday tasks.
- They oversee the distribution of the PE equipment for the lunchtime activities.
- They organise the red & yellow cards for teachers at lunchtime.
- They welcome & thank visitors to the school.
- At the end of each month our Prefects enter our 'Hall of Fame'.
- In recognition of all their hard work the Prefects have a special Prefect trip in June.